Taking the Read Through The Bible Challenge?

If you are taking the challenge to read the Bible in a year, stop by my other blog:

http://readthroughthebiblechallenge.blogspot.com/

Weekly posts and an opportunity to ask questions or give your perspective. Let's study the Bible TOGETHER!

06 December 2012

Spiritual Warfare - December 6


What tactics does Satan use when he targets your mind?

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land? Acts 5:3 (ESV)

But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:3 (ESV)

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (ESV)

The mind is Satan’s primary target. Since we know that this is Satan’s favorite target, what can we do to combat his assaults?

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (ESV)

We don’t wage “normal” war with Satan, and the weapons in this war aren’t worldly. This war is for our mind. If we don’t war in the flesh, what weapons do we have?

I recently discovered that although I thought I had forgiven someone, there were still some unresolved issues in my mind. There were hurts that I need to address and forgiveness that I need to offer. It’s not about the other person at all – I need to have a forgiving heart whether or not that other person ever alters their behavior. Until I can clean my heart of these unresolved issues, Satan has fertile ground to attack. It was quite a surprise for me to find these buried feelings! You might have similar issues that give Satan a place to attack – or it might be a book you are reading. Each of us has different areas for Satan to work in. it’s time to get with God and ask Him to show you what areas are vulnerable to Satan’s attack. Remember, if there’s an area of concern, God gives you a way to deal with it!

Are there areas that need special work? If you’d like a little extra prayer, send me an email. I’d love to share your  burden and take your problems to the Throne on your behalf!

On Monday we will see Paul’s advice for our thoughts. I pray that your weekend is blessed with enjoyment and that your worship is vibrant, with a clear sense of God’s presence. See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment