Taking the Read Through The Bible Challenge?

If you are taking the challenge to read the Bible in a year, stop by my other blog:

http://readthroughthebiblechallenge.blogspot.com/

Weekly posts and an opportunity to ask questions or give your perspective. Let's study the Bible TOGETHER!

10 February 2012

Forgiveness - 10 February


Wow! It’s the last day of this study. Six weeks of the new year gone already.

We’ve covered a lot of ground in this study, and I’ve already used a lot of it. I’m learning that I need to decide to get well. I can only forgive if I choose to let go. It’s a high hurdle at times, but with God’s help, I can do it – and I know you can as well!

Are you working toward forgiveness, acceptance, and healing? Or do you still choose to suffer as a martyr – “It’s because of what I’ve suffered that I’m like I am toward you?” Now that you understand more about the godly choices necessary for forgiveness, are you working toward them? Or do you choose to remain mad at God, unwilling to relinquish control of your life?

Are you willing to change? Or, like me, are you afraid of those changes – afraid of what “they” will think if I humble myself? Afraid of what I will have to do, say and think if I choose to forgive?

Or is this all too much for you? Is there so much in your life that needs to be forgiven – and to forgive – that it seems overwhelming and insurmountable? Can you take it one little step at a time? If you can, God stands ready to help. Just start – one issue at a time. God is there for you. I’m ready to stand with you in prayer. Your pastor will pray for you. If you need an accountability partner, I’m here.

I’d like to close with some of Jesus’ last words on the cross:

And when they came unto the place which is called The skull, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand and the other on the left. 34 And Jesus said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And parting his garments among them, they cast lots. 35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also scoffed at him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if this is the Christ of God, his chosen. Luke 23:33-35 (ASV)

They mocked Jesus. They killed Him. They cast lots for his clothes. And yet, He gives us an example.

Father, forgive them.

If Jesus could do it, so can you.

I’m here to pray for you. Send me an email. Call the church. But most of all, talk to God. He’s been here. He knows what you’re feeling. He, more than any person on this earth, wants to help.

I’ll see you Monday with the next study – walking the walk we talk. And don’t forget to continue with your Bible readings in the Read Through The Bible Challenge (readthroughthebiblechallegne.blogspot.com).


No comments:

Post a Comment