Taking the Read Through The Bible Challenge?

If you are taking the challenge to read the Bible in a year, stop by my other blog:

http://readthroughthebiblechallenge.blogspot.com/

Weekly posts and an opportunity to ask questions or give your perspective. Let's study the Bible TOGETHER!

09 January 2012

Forgiveness - 9 January


Last week we learned about forgiveness through Joseph’s eyes. He had been wronged by his entire family, yet he found a way to offer them forgiveness. Have you been thinking about the people you need to forgive? I have. I’m beginning to realize that if I don’t forgive, I give a person more “space” in my life than I intend. Because I think and think and think about how I’ve “been wronged”, I keep that person in the forefront of my mind. Perhaps instead of thinking about what I don’t like about them, I should pray for them…

What study on forgiveness doesn’t include “The Lord’s Prayer”?

Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10  Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11  Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

14  For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15  but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matt 6:9-15 (ESV)

Ouch! If I don’t forgive, I won’t be forgiven.  It’s a command, not a suggestion. How do I get to the point where I can forgive – and forget? By God's grace and through prayer!

Today’s post is short but powerful. Think about what Jesus said. Realize how serious this forgiveness thing is. Make is your revolution to be a more forgiving person in 2012. And start working on it today!

I’ll see you Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment